Personal data in Higashikawa is protected under the Personal Data Protection Policy. Higashikawa (hereinafter referred to as “Town”), is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information you (the “User”) may provide Us on Higashikawa's Official Website (the“Site”, http://town.higashikawa.hokkaido.jp/). We may use your Personal Information for any of the purposes listed below.
1. The Definition of Personal data
The personal data includes the following: User's name, birth date, age, sex, address, phone number, complaints, inquiries, and any other information User provides.
2. Collecting and Usage of Personal Data
Personal data is not collected and used for any purpose other than that stated clearly at the point of collection. No personal data are collected beyond the minimum necessary for each specific purpose.
3. Purpose Limitation
The personal data must only be collected for specified purposes. However, there are five exceptions that are applicable.
- (1) Personal data may be disclosed or transferred to courts, police, and other governmental agenciesas agreed or authorized by law.
- (2) Personal data may be disclosed when the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User.
- (3) Personal data may be disclosed when the user disobeys law or any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the Town.
- (4) Personal data may be disclosed when the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of third party interests.
- (5) Personal data may be disclosed when the provision of personal information is necessary for any other appropriate legal purposes.
4. Personal Data Management
- (1) Personal data collected is subject to jurisdiction of each department. The Site takes all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate and up-to-date. The Site is responsible for preventing leakage, falsification, and loss of personal data and take security measures against any other related accidents.
- (2) The Site is responsible for securely deleting personal data that are no longer needed.
6. Contact Information
Infornmation regarding Personal Data: Higashikawa Planning and General Affairs Division